Unable To Open Excel File In Outlook 2003
Cannot Open Excel Attachments In Outlook 2010
- If you're new to the TechRepublic Forums, please read our TechRepublic Forums FAQ.
- thanks for the tip 0Votes Share Flag Collapse - Thanks, it worked for me too... & it works for any type of file extentions.
- The subfolder name Outlook creates (on installation of Outlook) in the Temporary Internet Files folder is quite random.In Outlook 2003 and previous, the name starts with OLK and is followed by
- October 22, 2009 1:55 AM aviation411 said...
- If the user is able to save the file locally, and open the file with excel then it is not a Microsoft office compatibility pack issue.
- users would tell me it was just excel files they couldnt open in outlook, but that was all they were receiving via email, when I emailed them other file types same
- by lmayeda · 10 years ago In reply to Opening Excel Attachment ...
- Preview post Submit post Cancel post You are reporting the following post: Office 2003 - Cannot open DOC/XLS files directly , freezing This post has been flagged and will be reviewed
Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions to that folder"Microsoft Outlook uses a temporary folder to when I click OK it is giving some junk data on Excel. By default that folder is hidden and the only way to locate it is to look in the Registry:1. Excel Attachment Won't Open From Outlook 2010 and paste the folder location from step #4 then click OK.5.
All rights reserved. But then I expect this solution will only work until the next boot. i have exp the same problem with one of my user and i have tried the above method and it works. I think this should be the path you should follow in troubleshooting the problem.
Yes, but I can do without it. Cannot Open Attachments In Outlook 2007 Something wonky happened to their install of Norton and a similar thing happened.Any other clues?Bob Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - solved by Aveee78 / May 14, 2007 5:41 Jaime, thanks! Please try again now or at a later time.
Cannot Open Excel Attachments In Outlook 2010 Cannot Create File
I intend on first running the temp files cleaner then maybe re-installing office will be required as Sam suggested. Yes, every day! Cannot Open Excel Attachments In Outlook 2010 Restart Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to open your attachments.(I had this problem some time ago and found the above solution somewhere - apologies for plagiarizing the original writer Excel Attachments Not Opening From Outlook 2013 Stephen Reply Subscribe RELATED TOPICS: Microsoft Office Compatibility 2007 problem converting Excel 2007 to 2003 problems cannot open excel 2010 docs from excel 2003 -compatability pack is installed Best Answer Cayenne
Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community. If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. this content When the option to ignore other applications is set, attachments will not open in Excel.
When you now double click on the attachment, it should open as expected.
We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.Accept Read More Home Compatibility problem opening .xlsx in Excel 2003 from outlook by steveo757 on Jul 26, 2012 Restart Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to open your attachments. Otherwise, you may have some Registry issues or other problems. Cannot Open Excel File From Outlook 2016 Last modified: July 27, 2016 Related Posts or Add-insWindows 8.1 September 2014 update for Outlook: Fix for slow opening attachmentsOutlookTempCleaner 1.2Unblock AttachmentsFiles and Settings guide for OutlookHide, move or delete an
Any thoughts? [ This Message was edited by: Jreimer88 on 2003-02-18 09:06 ] Share Share this post on Digg Del.icio.us Technorati Twitter Reply With Quote Feb 18th, 2003,10:32 AM #2 Thunder September 16, 2009 8:15 AM Karl said... I tried to reinstall, it wont help. No, I stopped using it.
Clear Outlook’s Secure Temp folder Another possible cause that Excel attachments are not opening correctly or with an error is because of other Excel files or templates in Outlook’s Secure Temp Then restart excel. When I attempt to open, I get ... Discussion is locked Flag Permalink You are posting a reply to: Office 2003 - Cannot open DOC/XLS files directly , freezing The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited.
SHOW ME NOW © CBS Interactive Inc. / All Rights Reserved. This folder is used even if you have assigned the desktop My Documents folder to another location, such as a network drive. All rights reserved. Foreign Exchange Student (Japan) 6 years ago Constance Rambles Road Trip 6 years ago navel gazing at its finest Faithless - Part The Third 6 years ago Pam Sorooshian's Blog #11